Sunday 21 August 2011

World Cup - a minor distraction?

The close season has really dragged. I have suffered withdrawal symptoms & even dreamt that I had started playing again after 17 years! Now we are a couple of weeks from the start of the season and I am getting quite excited. But wait. In 3 weeks time we have the World Cup starting in New Zealand. ( If there was any justice it would be starting in Japan.) I have been so preoccupied with the domestic game I haven't really given much thought to the WC.

Presumably the Chokers will start as favourites which should suit everyone else. Who will knock them out this time around? It would be nice if it was one of the unfancied sides. Can England win it? A big ask I think.

Which would I prefer: England to win the WC or Leeds to get promoted? That is a no-brainer for me as the cup is just a minor distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment